Friday, February 1, 2013

Outgoing VM messages...Why bother.

When my work cell starts ringing, I go through several stages of emotion.  Panic, annoyance, anger, and eventually the devastation of defeat.  It is probably something I can't just ignore.

Today, I decided to ignore that bad boy.  Not 5 seconds later it rang again.  This time the caller left a garbled message in my vm which clearly states my name and company.  And then called again. And again.  No less than five times until I decided to answer.

"This is P****. . .Hello"  Hang up.

It rang again.  "Hello, this is P****."
"Hello?"
"Hello."
"Who is this?"
"This is P****. Who is this?"
"Uh, I must have the wrong #."
"Yeah, a lot 'o times."

It cracks me up that people will leave a message for a stranger.  I could say my name is Princess Prissy Pants and no one would bat an eye.  I once got a message from someone talking about needing to hear back because they had to get people off the plane!  Yeah, ok.  I'll get right on that.

Lightening fast change of subject:  I have been obsessed with spring rolls lately.  I'm not a recipe person so here's the best I can do.

Buy veggies, spring roll wrappers, and dipping sauce. 
Saute veggies with whatever spices or sauces you prefer.  (Or leave 'em raw.)
Roll 'em up.
Dip 'em in sauce.
Insert in mouth. ( I think you can take it from here, right?)

Yum.  I added some tempeh to the last few batches.  So if you ever find yourself wondering why that idiot didn't listen to the name stated in your outgoing vm message, make some spring rolls.  Veggies make things better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment