Thursday, August 30, 2012

Howdy!

I've been debating what I would like to say for my very first post...How about an intro?

I'm a vegan, geologist with an irrational fear of spiders, bopping around the Western US with no particular direction.  In fact, I have a negative sense of direction.  My normal state of existence is ... lost.

I love hiking!  I love it soooooooo much!  Nothing renews my soul like moving under my own power in the wilderness.  I may not be the fastest person on the trail, but I'm there and that's what matters.

I also love my dog.  She is sweet, beautiful, spunky, and a little crazy (like me).  I will probably be sharing a lot about her here because she is my only child.  Just like those of you with human children, I can't stop talking about my baby.

On this blog, most posts will be related to my adventures in the backcountry, vegan snacks and backpacking food, products I like and whatever trouble I can manage to get into.

3 comments: